Shifting Minds: Rising Above with Resilience:
This wellness workshop focuses on building resilience, and supporting healthy attitudes and behaviours in all areas of one’s life. It engages participants to take responsibility for their own wellbeing by calling upon them to take an honest look at how they are showing up in their lives and to consider why they do what they do, and whether it is truly working for them. Participants leave this workshop with a whole new awareness of themselves and a commitment to making positive changes, both in their personal and professional lives.
Specifically, you will:
- Reflect on what’s working and not working in all areas of your life
- Take charge of your own wellness and avoid burnout
- Find out how you’re contributing to your own stress
- Discard negativity, gossip and shift away from unhealthy thoughts, perceptions and behaviours
- Develop a profound self-awareness and understanding of how unresolved issues may be affecting you and showing up in your life
“I am so grateful to have attended today! I feel I was given the motivation and inspiration to change my thoughts and get back in control of my life.”
“The session is unconventional, unorthodox. Be ready for a work-out!”
“I learned more in 1 day than in 4 years of counselling.”
Stress: Is it happening to you?
Millions of people are in a place of self-awareness and self-discovery, but continue to feel stressed and dissatisfied. Balancing a busy personal and work life can be challenging and if left unchecked, stress can result in a variety of problems, including:
- Lost time
- Workplace conflict
- Low morale & poor productivity
- Performance issues
This workshop is not your typical stress management workshop. You will not learn redundant concepts such as job analysis, time management, delegation, or activity logs. This workshop is about teaching participants to raise their level of consciousness; enhance speaking and listening skills; and manage unavoidable stress by developing ways to interpret stressors differently. Participants will learn how to uncover the beliefs that are creating personal and professional obstacles, and keeping them stuck in a perpetual loop of self-induced stress.
“Several of us attended the Stress Management workshop. Let me tell you, it is not your typical workshop! At our team meeting every attendee said it was the best workshop they’ve attended – very beneficial to our personal and work life.”
“This workshop was an amazing experience for me and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is experiencing stressors in life. Each facilitator brought forward unique insights and wisdom that enabled participants to view stress from a different perspective.”
Leading with Confidence: Supervisory Skills Training:
Strengthen your leadership skills through self-awareness and the tools to effectively lead a team that is positive, motivated and productive. Many supervisors/managers have never received formal training and are relying on the leaders they’ve had in the past as role models (whether good or bad). This can lead to feeling under-equipped for the complex challenges involved in today’s leadership roles. This workshop focuses on providing new or experienced supervisors/managers with the knowledge, awareness and skills necessary to reduce conflict, improve confidence, enhance communication, and increase employee engagement and satisfaction.
Specifically, participants will learn:
- The Role of the Supervisor & how to facilitate effective leadership
- How to conduct a team assessment and get the pulse on your team
- Strategies to identify and deal with low performing employees
- How to conduct productive meetings
- Effective communication skills (giving/receiving feedback, listening, having difficult conversations)
Mental Health in the Workplace
This workshop stresses the importance of a healthy workplace and outlines the potential risks/consequences of not being adequately equipped to assist employees who are experiencing mental health or substance abuse problems. This workshop is geared to supervisors/managers but can also be tailored to front-line employees. This workshop will help participants:
- Understand stress and burnout
- Recognize signs/symptoms of mental illness
- Understand the cost and impact of chronic stress and/or mental illness in the workplace
- Learn specific wellness strategies
- Learn to identify concerning behaviour and proactively assist employees/colleagues who are struggling with acute or chronic stress and/or mental health issues
- Develop and maintain workplace practices and policies that promote a culture that is committed to individual and collective wellness
Confident with Conflict
If you are uncomfortable facing conflict, you are not alone. Most people do not have as much confidence as they would like when dealing with conflict, especially when it occurs in the workplace. We often ignore these situations, hoping the problem will go away. The bad news is that ignoring conflict will only allow it to grow, often becoming unmanageable. If left unresolved, conflict can cause employees to become disgruntled and bitter, and relationships to break down. This session will help participants understand:
- The cost of unresolved conflicts and negativity in the workplace
- Techniques to address conflict and negativity with confidence
- How to create a positive and powerful work environment
Clinical Skills & Process:
Often times, well-meaning therapists are basing their treatment decisions and clinical process on intuition. When asked, they are not able to clearly describe the evidence-based approach/skills they are using to treat clients. As therapists, when we do not have a clear process that relies on the use of research-validated skills, we can produce negative outcomes for our clients where symptoms are not resolved and can actually worsen over time. This can cause the client to avoid therapy in the future due to lack of confidence in the effectiveness of treatment as well as lead therapists to feel incompetent and lose confidence in their clinical practice.
In this training, participants will learn:
- Case conceptualization
- Goal setting & treatment plan
- Treatment and session Structure
- Several evidence-based techniques/skills to treat anxiety, depression, PTSD and other mental disorders
- Consolidation, Wrap-up and Termination
- Crisis Planning
All workshops can be delivered as a half day, full day or 2 day session and can be offered as a closed group (i.e. individual organization) or as an open group (ie: various organizations or public).
If you would like to bring one of these workshops to your organization or community, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.